Friday, June 22, 2012

Motivation from deep within

It is so beyond awesome to have finally found inside that deep desire and motivation to change.  And, it's always great to have a little success early on to make the process of getting started a little easier.  I gained about 35 pounds when I was pregnant with Mason.  I quickly saw about 20lbs of those come off very early after he was born.  It was great!  He was nursing like a champ and so I thought that the rest would melt off pretty quickly, and then boom!, I hit a major stall.  We were all sick for about a month and the wheels sort of fell off around then with the eating habits.  I was enjoying far too many cookies and some kind of dessert practically after every meal.  5 pounds found there way back on and I've been hanging in that same weight range for the last 3-4 months.  Ugh!
During our recent trip to Colorado, I decided enough is enough and let's get the ball rolling here with being overweight.  I've lost about 4 pounds so far and it's a good start.  Someone I read, Dan Malinski from cubicledadruns.com , posted this recently on facebook.


I love this!  I don't like the girl I see in the mirror.  It's not who I am.  I feel like I'm wearing a fat suit or something.  I'm ready to unzip out of the fat and reveal the real me.  I have some goals again and am so excited that the journey is beginning.

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful family Kim! I can only imagine how hard it is as a mother to go from fit to pregnant and get back to fit. I know D has struggled a little more with each of ours, but eventually makes it back. Life obstacles definitely don't help in that process. You got this and will make it happen!!!

    ReplyDelete